1. What are the main differences between the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Advanced?
The Phantom 4 Advanced's uprated camera shoots 4K/60 fps video at a bit-rate of 100 Mbps and stills at up to 20 megapixels. It can be used with an optional integrated monitor for even more reliable transmission. Operators are empowered with a new suite of Intelligent Flight Modes.The maximum flight speed of the Phantom 4 Advanced is slightly higher than the Phantom 4 when flying in P-mode. The maximum flight time is extended to 30 minutes, the transmission range is extended to 7 km, and the obstacle sensing range is increased from 15 m to 30 m.
2. What are the main differences between the Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced?
The Phantom 4 Advanced inherits most of the functions of the Phantom 4 Pro. However, in order to increase affordability, unlike the Phantom 4 Pro the Phantom 4 Advanced does not have rear vision sensors and two infrared sensors in its FlightAutonomy system. Also, its remote controller does not support the 5.8 GHz frequency band and Tapfly Backward has been removed.
3. What accessories can be used with both the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Advanced?
Propellers, Intelligent Flight Batteries, chargers, power cables and micro USB cables can be used with both the Phantom 4 and Phantom 4 Advanced.
1. Compared to the Phantom 4 camera, what advantages does the Phantom 4 Advanced camera have?
The Phantom 4 Advanced camera is able to record UHD 4K (4096X2160) at 60 fps, at a maximum bitrate of 100 Mbps using the H.265 codec. It also allows you to capture still images while filming. The Phantom 4 Advanced camera sensor is also larger than the Phantom 4 camera sensor, ensuring clearer images.
2. What are the benefits of the Phantom 4 Advanced's mechanical shutter?
The mechanical shutter eliminates rolling shutter distortion, which can occur when capturing images of fast moving subjects with an electric shutter.
3. Does the Phantom 4 Advanced's camera support focus adjustment?
Yes. Tap a point on the display to focus at that point after switching from metering to focus mode. Auto focus can also be triggered by half-pressing the shutter button, before fully pressing the shutter to capture an image. Focus can be set between 1 m and infinity.
4. What makes the Phantom 4 Advanced's camera lens special?
The Phantom 4 Advanced's camera has a wide-angle lens specially designed for aerial photography, with an aperture range of F2.8 to F11 and a 24 mm equivalent focal length. It’s also equipped with a mechanical shutter and auto focus support.
OBSTACLE SENSING SYSTEM
1. What changes have been made to the Phantom 4 Advanced's obstacle sensing system?
The obstacle sensing range of the Phantom 4 Advanced front vision sensor has been increased to 30 m.
2. What are the ways to conduct a vision system calibration?
You can do a quick vision system calibration via the DJI GO 4 app, or do an advanced calibration by launching the DJI Assistant 2 in your computer.
1. What changes have been made to the Phantom 4 Advanced remote controller?
Compared to the Phantom 4 Pro, the Phantom 4 Advanced remote controller doesn't support the 5.8 GHz frequency band.The Phantom 4 Advanced+ remote controller has a built-in screen.
2. What aircraft in the Phantom 4 series are compatible with the Phantom 4 Advanced remote controller？
Currently, the Phantom 4 Advanced controller is not compatible with other Phantom 4 Series aircraft.
1. What new Intelligent Flight Modes come with the Phantom 4 Advanced?
The new Phantom 4 Advanced Intelligent Flight Modes include Draw, Gesture, an upgraded TapFly, Tripod, Terrain Follow and an upgraded ActiveTrack.
1. How has the Phantom 4 Advanced's propulsion system been improved?
The maximum flight speed of the Phantom 4 Advanced in P-mode is 14 m/s.